How Does It Work
This is how it usually goes, after someone has contacted me for any one or all of my various services:
- I check my calendar to see if I'm still available. If I'm not, I have 2 other house sitter friends I can recommend. (Note Xmas/New Year bookings must be a minimum of 2 weeks long) Or if you think you're home would be fine with a daily or twice daily visit, see the Christmas Holidays Special.
- We chat about what your needs are, how long will you be away and where your home is.
- Based on those three factors, I calculate a fair rate that is always much cheaper than any house minding agency or kennel/cattery. As mentioned, any stays within a do-able distance to the near North Shore, which are longer than a month, are free.
- I send you three of my most recent house sitting referees. These are always people who have used my services.
- We meet in person, usually at your home, so you can get a feel of who I am and walk me through the lay of your home and/or pet situation.
- Once you are fine to book me, you pay a small non-refundable deposit to hold your dates, I email you a confirmation and a form which you complete which helps me to care for your home/pet as best as possible.
- We arrange how I'll get your key just prior to your departure. After you've gone, I am always reachable via mobile and email for any questions or concerns you may have.
- I tidy up and you never know I was ever there upon your arrival.
- I leave a letter filling you in on what's happened in the home with your pets, garden, etc. as well as the key in an agreed spot. You never even know I was in your home!
- I follow up with an email asking for your feedback and then if happy, which I can guarantee you will be, you will want to book me again!