Life Lessons & Other Useful Stuff
One of the usual questions I get when I mention to people that I am a professional house sitter is, "What's something interesting you've seen at the homes you house sit?" So I decided to write this page as a reminder to me but as a way of sharing to those interested souls.
- No matter how cute the wee brown mouse is, he'll make sleeping almost impossible.
- Always leave the front porch light on as not having it will make it damn near impossible to unlock the door coming home after dark. You'll even contemplate sleeping in the car till dawn.
- Half and half meths and turps is a fantastic way to do away with the toughest soap scum on shower doors. Honestly!
- It is possible for me to live without TV for two months. Caveat is the house must be well stocked with good book and radios that get public radio.
- No matter how small the pantry is, it is possible to keep it tidy and organised so you can easily find anything, anytime.
- Snail pellets really do keep the wee suckers away